Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Friday, November 6, 2015

HEY FAM! (and Friends :))

There's this sister missionary in our district, Sister Parkinson, she says that when ever we as a district see each other :) She's super animated and hilarious, it's pretty great. Probably one of the funniest sister missionaries in the mission haha!

So! Sorry about not getting my email out yesterday. In the office, sometimes, you just have to take care of some urgent stuff, so you push off some pday stuff, but it's all good. Still get to email :) I like being here :)

So i forgot to do that day to day format, nobody gave any feedback, so I'll do it again, if y'alls don't like it and just want jumbled, Elder Buchanan Rants, lemme know!

SATURDAY:  We had an awesome Halloween Party put on by the missionaries from the Porto 2nd Ward in the stake center! (Mostly Elder McGhie). We spent a lot of that day helping prep the chapel and get everything in order. It was a lot of fun, the chapel was all decked out, we had quite a few investigators and we had some good ol' fashioned fun! I got to see some of the members from my old ward, so that was fun!

SUNDAY: Just a normal Sunday, Elder Orozco and I don't work in the office, instead we go and use the whole day after church to go out and teach and help people. So that's fun :)

MONDAY: The sisters in our district, Sisters Parkinson and Anderson, have pday on monday still, so we met them to have a "district lunch" and this Brazilian grill place, you know the kind where they bring around the meat. I'll say, there was a lot of meat, they just kept coming, but the quality wasn't that amazing :P I'll have to try that really good expensive place when I get home ;)

I also got a phonecall from the members in my old area, Peso da Régua, they tracked me down :)
They called to tell me that an Investigator that I found with Elder Gilbert is getting baptised this weekend! That was cool :)

TUESDAY: I don't remember a ton, but I do know that while we were out, Elder Orozco and I met this cool guy that turned out to be a member, his name was Bruno. So we marked a time to come back and talk to him another night.

WEDNESDAY: yeah...don't remember much about this day...

THURSDAY: This was of the day of the mission leadership training, where all the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders receive training from Presidente. Elder Orozco and I stop to get a pastry on the way to the office, because we're walking and...pastry. So as we're arriving at the office, Elder McGhie calls and tells me Presidente wants to speak to me real quick, so were have to hurry and drop our stuff off, and then go over to the chapel (just down the street from the office). Presidente then sends me to cut down a forest while he has me print out 150 copies of a 5 page packet, staple them and put them in plastic sheets and then kill another forest by printing 1,200 copies of a one page sheet. Luckily I had Elder Orozco and Elder and Sister Ashby to help out :)
But on the brightside, they were the best 3 chocolate croissants of my life. They made in like you make a cinnamon role. mmmmm! so good :)

FRIDAY: Nothing too fun, Elder Krull ended up doing a division with Elder Orozco because Elder McGhie(Elder Krull's comp) went down to Santarém on AP business. So I chilled with Hicks and Merkle all day, We went out and found some pretty cool people actually! Elder Krull Orozco and I had and AWESOME lesson with this one kid Gabriel, who's be struggling to know if God exists or not. He said after the lesson it was the best he'd ever felt with the missionaries.
I don't know if I mentioned about Amelia last week but Elder Merkle and Hicks and I went to teach her about the Restoration of the gospel and she was teaching us about it too! She told us she wants to quit her 1 cigarette and 1 cup of coffee per day so she can be baptized and go and be a missionary without us saying anything. Basically she's already planning her baptism. This was only the second time we'd sat down with her! :) She's really cool :)

So there's my week in detail! Miss you all! Hope you have a great week yourselves!

Um GRANDE Abraço!

Elder Buchanan

No comments:

Post a Comment