Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Thursday, May 7, 2015

May the 4th be with you!

Sorry. Had to use it. National StarWars day. Too bad I can't celebrate it!

So Honestly I'm pressed for time, I would love to send you a lengthy update, but this 3 liner will do it for this week, perhaps my mother could include excerpt from her letter (because she takes priority, sorry all)

This week has been a good one, full of hard work and fun. My Portuguese is coming along. It's like life, only I talk to every person I can. I feel really bad about this, but that's literally all I have time to write. I miss you all sincerely.

Have a good week!
Abraço, 
Elder Buchanan


Here is a little from my letter:

I regret to say that I fell quickly out of the habit of keeping notes of my days, but I promise to restart with this week. But I can remember a few good things to tell you about.

I like the food here. It's pretty swell. Even though I haven't had a HECK ton of Portuguese dishes, I've had a few and I've liked them. I can eat just about anything.

I'm getting a hold of this language, but I'm honestly just beginning. People can understand me, but I want them to be able to pay more attention to WHAT I say and not HOW I say it. I want to be able to speak unhindered as the voice of the Lord, but I can't do that if I don't know how to form sentences well. It'll be a work in progress probably for two years. But I can understand a lot more now. 

Speaking of food (again) We were talking with two of our AWESOME members here, Soria and her mother Teresa the other day as we walked home from church. Soria's 16, strong in the gospel and hilarious, her mother is very sweet and a hard worker. Soria was saying how she believed that the two best things in life are food and sleep. I agreed and then said, "Then it makes sense why missionaries are always hungry! Because they can't sleep!" haha :) It was funnier in Portuguese.

It's been a week of ups and downs. We didn't really teach as much as we wanted, it was hard. We fasted, but that still yielded no results. But the Lord works no miracles until AFTER our faith and right now He's testing ours. So I'm just going to put my head down, work harder and keep having faith and He will give us success. Abinadi had 1 baptism, but he was the most successful missionary in history. We have the whole rest of the Book of Mormon because of him. He "had 1 baptism" but he saved thousands of souls because of that baptism. It's not the number, it's whether I was diligent :)

No comments:

Post a Comment