Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Parachutes

That's basically what you can call my pants right now. I need to take them in. But that's more of a blessing than a problem.

Hello family and friends! (Although the friends are more like family...) Hope you're all well!
I apologize that my emails stopped the last few weeks. Basically it's because my time's been cut. Even today I'm running short, so this will be a quick update that my mother will add to (there were some random, Elder Buchanan-nesses in her email)

So there’s a missionary "rule" that says email needs to be 1-1/2 hours but I call that bullhonky. No one can show me in the missionary manual OR in the supplement to the manual that our president gave and I've never heard it in a training, zone or district meeting. But hey, I'll look into it. I have rules as a missionary and if that's one of them I'm going to be obedient.

This week has been a heck ton of walking. Nothing too funny to report that sticks out in my mind.

But something DOES stick out. A young woman named Otilia that we met a little while back has decided to be baptized! We're so excited for her. She said that ever since she started talking to us she's had more peace in her life. That as she's prayed and read the Book of Mormon her ability to cope with her difficulties calmly has increased. She says she has a testimony that it’s true! She is such an amazing person :) I feel blessed to have been lucky enough to have met her and seen God work miracles in her life :) Pictures to come! :)

Have a fantastic week everyone! I love you all and miss you all :)

Abraço,
Elder Buchanan

I got my camera cord!!

Check out my sweet ride!

After noite familiar (a game we played at FHE a few weeks ago)

Elder DaSilva and I ate at the castle. That's Rio Tejo behind us. Plus us chillin' on the hill.

The end of my first transfer... Elder Fortes (left), Elder Buchanan, Elder Cluff, Elder Domingos (front), Tatian (girl in the middle), Irma Carma and Gustavo

 I made some guetto BBQ chicken on the stove, next time we'll use the grill. Wasn't half bad and the sauce was pretty close, no perfect but close.

No comments:

Post a Comment