Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Friday, January 1, 2016

Wow! Faz Muito Tempo!

I just realized! I haven't written you all...since last year!!!! ;) hahaha :) But seriously. Sorry I haven't been writing a group letter :/ I was just being silly and didn't feel like writing.

This letter won't be too long ‘cuz I'm lame and only spend 3 ½ hours outside the office everyday! sooooo haha :)

You end up with cabin fever sometimes when you work inside the office, you miss spending all day outside and working hard, but then you get days where it's down pouring and then you’re glad your inside a warm office ;) haha :) Actually some days I'd prefer getting soaked knocking doors :) There's nothing better than teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Elder Hicks and I are still working hard, trying to prep things, he's trying to make sure I know how to do everything before he leaves. Transfers are on Sunday and he's getting excited to leave and go serve somewhere else. The office is great, but it's hard on missionaries as well. He's hoping to go to Madeira, the island area.

I'm getting nervous that I might have to be the guy in charge. That's a scary prospect. Reminds me of what it was like to be left alone in my first area after my trainer left and having to be the missionary that knew everything. I was looking at my first planner last night, and the first page I ever wrote in and man it took me back. It was so strange. I could see it bright as day, it was my first night in the mission. I never thought I'd make it this far. Crazy!

Happy New Year!! It's 2016! I get to spend almost this entire year in this mission. That's so awesome to think about. I get to spend 2016 serving my neighbors out here. I love being a missionary. I was promised not long before I left, through the voice of a man who was ordained of God, that as I served I would know it is the best thing I can be doing at this time. And I can tell you all, that NOTHING I could be doing at home could be better than spending the last year of my life, speaking Portuguese, and talking to everyone I can and baring my testimony that I know this gospel is true :)

I hope you all had a great Christmas and a Fantastic New Year! I miss you all! Have a great week! Talk to you soon!

Abraço,
Elder Buchanan

No comments:

Post a Comment