Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Monday, July 4, 2016

Fourth of July

Happy America day! Huzzah! Best Country in the world ;)
Patriotism...That's how you do it my friends.

What a cool week! I don't have a lot to say, but I've got a good story!

In Portugal, everyone thinks it's hilarious that we're all called "Elder" because for them its pronounced the same as the name "Helder" so they all get a good laugh out of it. Well the youths also will be annoying and yell "oh elder!" just to mess with us. 'Cuz they know we're all "Elder" Well when someone shouts that, it's fun to go over to the person and contact them. They always get a bit uncomfortable and then you know there's one less person to yell "oh elder" haha. I've only done it like twice
Well that's the background. Elder Zanni and I are getting off the Metro and I hear "Oh elder!" I decide to ignore it, but then there it is again and Elder Zanni hears it too. He's gonna walk away but I'm like...naw man, we gotta go contact him. I can't let this slip by! So we got over and we're like "You called?" and he says, "Yeah! I want to know more about your church!" Man! haha it was so cool! His name is Diego and he's from Argentine too like Elder Zanni, so they hit it off really well. Diego is super ready to hear our message. He said he's felt an absence of God and he doesn't really feel it in many churches. He introduced us to his dad on the phone! It was so cool! They were gonna come to church but something came up so we're gonna have to follow up! That day was super cool!

Well, I hope y'all have a good week!

Abraço!

No comments:

Post a Comment