Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Monday, July 18, 2016

House Bound

I've been in the house all week, but not with Elder Zanni but with Elder Bortolo. He had an infection in his big toe, so the doctor removed the whole nail. He had to stay in. So rather than their area not be worked for a week, I stayed with him and his comp Elder Wanlass went with Elder Zanni everyday. So I was stuck in the house haha. Rested my back a bit, but I was bored most of the time. We took to filming little videos that were funny but dumb, playing chess (somebody left a board in our house) and casting actors in our Book of Mormon movie haha.
All in all, there's not a lot to report on the work front.

Spiritually however I have some good stuff. The Spirit is the real missionary.
It's interesting. If we truly do all we can, the Spirit does all the work. As a missionary, as well as a member, we must prepare daily. Study the scriptures, try to understand the words of life. Treasure them up. As we do, we create a cache of knowledge and understanding with which the Spirit can work. He places us in the lives of others or moves them into ours. He prompts us to speak. And if we truly are "good", then that's enough and we are instruments for the Spirit to teach. In everything we do, be it a missionary teaching a lesson, a Sunday school teacher in class or us just talking to a friend about the gospel, all we have to do is be a good instrument and the rest doesn't matter because the Spirit does all the work. He gives us the words he needs to come unto the hearts of individuals :)
How cool is that?!

I'm grateful for the Atonement and the sacrament through which we can renew our covenants daily. I love that my mission has taught me to come even closer to my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment