Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Monday, November 14, 2016

Another Week Under the Belt

Well, just another week under the belt :) It doesn't feel like I'm really counting down. But then again I've forbidden my companion to mention anything in terms of time haha :) I did make a good joke the other night. We stopped to grab a sandwich in a café, my back was really hurting as I sat down and I started coughing, and he was like, "are you ok? You sick?" I said "no....I'm dying!" hahahaahahahaha bum bum chi! haha get it? cuz when a missionary is finishing his mission they say he's dying haha :)

This week we have been teaching a man named Carlos Sampaio, I think I mentioned him this last week. He's progressing well. We're planning a spectacular baptismal service here in two weeks for him :) We met a really nice man this week that really needs the gospel in his life. And he came to church! He said he really liked and he felt really good and we could count on him the next week. He was the last door of a apartment complex, the only one that opened the door to us. At least in the sense that he let us talk more than 5 seconds before being like "no no no, I don't want anything" slam. (Side note: Funniest thing about the Portuguese, they'l open the door and be like "what do you want?"(that's the translation, but it's less rude) And I get out two words like, "We're here to-" "nonononono. thank you. bye. haha ...so ridiculous haha) But last door right? he let us in. He told us he'd been in a deep depression since march, and this week was the first week in a long time where he was feeling well enough to talk. And we met him! We taught about the plan of salvation, and then the gospel of Jesus Christ. He's in his 50's and loves his grandson :) Vasco. He's a good man.

I forgot to tell you some cool news!!!! We moved houses! It's just me and Elder Oliviera now :) We even live in our area. It's great, close to the church.

Here's a photo for when it was super cold while we were studying cuz we still didn't have a heater, So I made us some turbans from our scarves. 
Displaying DSCN1996[1].JPG

Displaying DSCN2001[1].JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment