Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

It's the Spirit That Teaches

After posting a note and picture on the Lisbon mission Facebook page I got this back from Elder Cluff's mom:

I am so happy to connect with you!!!  Chris had all good things to say about your son. :)  He shared this thought with me today in my email...

“All the new Elders had to give talks (mostly just testimonies) and while Elder Buchanan was talking, he said...”I know I don't speak Portuguese very well”, in his missionary way of speaking, and Quintino said to me “yes, but we still understand what he is saying!” And a lot of members after the meeting talked about how much they loved his testimony.  It just goes to show it doesn't matter what you say, it's the spirit that teaches."

Isn't that wonderful.  :)  Chris also mentioned that he is learning the language really quickly. Sorry so long!  Take care...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment