Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Monday, February 2, 2015

No News is Good News

OI!

Crazy week here at the MTC!
So today is my p-day, because I was SUPPOSED to leave tomorrow. But now I'm not. I shall relate this interesting tale to you all.

Portugal is supposed to be the easiest country to get visas from. They're supposed to take a month. I was told "no news is good news."

Then this last Thursday I received a reassignment along with everyone else going to Portugal, because I had not received my visa. I was assigned to Labor in Provo, Utah. Yeah...yuck it up :P Well then we found out that there was a possibility that they could be approved the next day and sure enough! I got my visa! There were 5 people who didn't get theirs. My companion was one of them. He left this morning for Bakersfield, CA. 

We on the other hand, have been waiting for our visas to arrive. They were hoping they'd get here today. But alas, they did not. So I am packed and ready to go, but instead I don't leave until Wednesday haha (hopefully!)

So we shall see. I'll send a short update tomorrow, maybe. If I'm allowed.

It's so strange to see this time I've had here come to an end. It's amazing how fast, and yet how slow 7 weeks have come and gone. Time flies when you look back. I have very few regrets from my time here, and hope to learn from that to come home form this mission with no regrets. I'm getting much better at portuguese and improve leaps and bounds each day. Honestly, I know I could not do this without Gods help.

I love being out here, and can't wait to get out to teach everyone I can, in my broken Portuguese that Christ Lives. To share the amazing message of His gospel. I hope all of you know that's why I'm out here. Because I have a testimony of Jesus Christ and of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints(A Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos dos Ultimos Dias), and I want to share it with others.

I love you all. I miss you very much. Have an amazing week and find something to be happy about! I promise you'll be blessed :)

Love,
Elder Buchanan

District - Elders Simpson, Jones, Masubelele, Bullock,
Massey, Maake, Gee, Buchanan
             
MTC Zone - 5/6 districts (missing 14 missionaries)

No comments:

Post a Comment