Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

It's A Small World

Hey everyone!

Start of the final week of the CTM! I'm both ready AND nervous to get out there. It'll be awesome to get on the continent, but at the same time, I still only have a 4-year-old's grasp of Portuguese so... theres that haha. I'm getting better though!

It was a week of exciting chance meetings. I found myself face to face with my old Bishop, Dave Oldham! It was fun to see him again. I re-met an Elder Blaylock that my mother claims I knew when I was 3 ;) Met the nephew of Sean Morrison from my ward, Elder Morrison also happens to be in the stake of Elder Jones, a member of my district,  and then I met the brother of a sister missionary (Paxman) who served in Damascus ward not too long ago! Crazy stuff right there :) Mormons. It's a small world after all haha!


I'm getting ready to depart this place and have even gotten my travel plans. I think I forgot to mention previously that my mission is going to be split in half in July! We'll get two new mission presidents in Portugal and be reassigned to Porto, or Lisbon Missions! Cool stuff :) They both have cool aspects, so I don't mind either!

Three missionaries who were supposed to go to Brazil, but didn't get their visas were reassigned this week, they left yesterday! And guess where they're coming? Portland Oregon Mission :) Told them it was the best reassignment ever! haha So be on the look out for Elders Bulher and Hunt and a Sister Lee! They all served with me here in the MTC :)

Elders Buhler, Buchanan, and Hunt

I'm glad to be here. I love serving the Lord from the moment I wake up until the moment I fall asleep. I'm excited to get out there and find the people that are waiting for the message that I can bring them.

I love you all! I hope your lives are great, and you're not missing me too much ;)

Boa sorte!
Elder Buchanan

No comments:

Post a Comment