Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Monday, March 23, 2015

The Power of Prayer

Hello good people!

I honestly thought of a really good subject this week. But for the life of me I can't remember...sorry!

Sorry also for the lack of email last week. Time was short and I had my parents as priority :) But here we are once again and I have your ear...err...eye.

I won't make this long because even as a missionary I don't really enjoy missionary emails...oops.

I have grown a lot this last week. It was an experience saying goodbye to Elder Cluff as he went home and bringing back a new companion, Elder Da Silva who didn't speak English and didn't know our area. I can honestly say that I have a strong testimony of the power of personal prayer. I know without a doubt that our Father in Heaven is constantly mindful of us and can give us the strength we lack. I'm so glad I'm here on my mission.

We have a really cool investigator, José Batista who is going to be baptized who went from 10-15 cigarettes per day to 2 the day after we taught the word of wisdom. It was so cool to see. I've honestly seen his change in demeanor already. He's coming closer to his Father in Heaven.

One last cool experience for you all is also about prayer. One night, we were out of plans, out of people to see. We didn't know what to do. So we stopped and said a prayer there on the sidewalk and asked to be able to find someone who we could teach the gospel to. I don't know if our footsteps were guided to a building whose door was open or if the door was open for the very reason we prayed, but in that building we met Racardo. A youth who said he would love to hear our message. I know God answers prayers!

Boa semana for you all! Remember that I and our Heavenly Father love you and I miss you all!

Love,
Elder Buchanan

No comments:

Post a Comment