Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Monday, September 14, 2015

Porto part 2

Hello all!

Man, living in a big city is hectic. I don't even live in downtown. If you're imagining a modern city, don't. That's Gaia on the other side of the river. Porto is very, very old and it has the most riDICulous roads in the world. The Portuguese, man. They just build 'em however they want! :)

So the 6 of us in our house get up every day a half hour early to go play basketball at a court a little ways from our house, which is fun, we play with the secretaries from the office, so we get a real 5 on 5. But it's a bit small so it gets a little crowded. But I'm definitely not gaining any weight!

I'm in the mission office from 11-5 Tuesday-Friday to work on things. This week I was taking inventories of houses in the mission to make sure they have what they need, and then creating plans to buy the things needed. A bit dry, but I like it. I take work seriously, takes me back to my high school yearbook days.

But! I get to leave and go and help people. We're teaching a family, and we found 3 Brazilian students that are very interested in hearing about the gospel. One of them Miguel, is really interested! I love helping people, because that’s my primary purpose as a missionary. And it's just the best thing in the world.

We have people who will invite us to LUNCH here! I've had 2 thus far. One was the best, and the other was the funniest I've had :) These members here are very special. Olga Martins made us Bacalhau com natas which was the BEST I've had so far. It was great :) and then we went over to a members house, (Elders Peterson, Andrade and Gilbert and I) and we kept picking on Elder Peterson and loading up his plate :) Man, so much fun haha :) Elder Gilbert got picked on a little too :)

We have a movie night every week at the church and this week we watched a Christian made film called Fireproof (dubbed in Portuguese). It’s a really good message about marriages. A little cheese, but I like it :)

I love being out here to preach the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and help everyone I can :)

I miss you all! Have a great week!

Abraço!
Elder Buchanan

No comments:

Post a Comment