Portugal Lisbon Mission

Portugal Lisbon Mission

Monday, September 21, 2015

Short, but Sweet

Hey friends!

This one will be a bit short, but I've got a good message so hold onto your butts! (That’s a Buchanan trademark phrase)

This week was crazy! The biggest news of the week is that the area we're working in will no longer be shared! Elders Andrade and Gilbert are leaving to go do a missionary split with Elders in another city! So Elder Peterson and I are taking full control of our area! Crazy considering our investigators know us very little, but it's better than not at all. I'm stealing Elder Andrade’s bed while he's gone and officially have the new position of head cook. I'm taking care of 3 meals this week.

We have 3 people preparing to be baptized and they all came to church and loved it! :) Carla who's a single mother and is very sweet and her son, and then and older man named José. They're all very cool people! 

Elder Peterson and I met a cool Brazilian named Lucas this week (pretty funny, huh?) and we were able to teach him about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. He loved it! I could feel the spirit very strong and we invited him to come to church the next day. Sadly he changed his mind and didn't want to come. I was a little sad, but it taught me a good lesson. My job as a missionary is to bring this message to people, whether they accept it or not! I should always be happy for that grand opportunity!

I love being a missionary! I love serving in Porto! I love this gospel!

I miss you all! Have a great week! I'll see you in 7 days!

Abraço,
Elder Buchanan

No comments:

Post a Comment